Friday NEVER felt so good! This has been a bussssyyy week over here. The blog is finally back. Kevin and I got a cat! (well she’s his family’s cat, but more to come on that soon). And I had my first 3 catering orders this week! Last Friday, we held a tasting event at Olsson’s to showcase our new catering menu to some lovely folks from Princeton University. It was a lot of work, a lot of sandwiches, and lots of mac & cheese cup recipe testing, but come Monday morning, I already had 4 catering orders! WOOP WOOP!
Kevin and I will be celebrating by indulging my inner thriller junkie. Tonight we’re going to see Gone Girl then visiting the Oasis Island of Terror… mwah-ha-ha! And I can assure you that multiple pumpkin beers (like this one and this one) will be consumed to round out this fall-looking weekend. But to balance out the booze, I wanted to share my recipe for Crunchy Coconut Granola. I tastes like a treat more than a healthy breakfast, and it’s so addictive that we’re not only selling it on the catering menu at Olsson’s, but also in bags at the shop! So unless you’ll be in Princeton, NJ anytime soon, here’s my recipe so you can recreate it at home.
Crunchy Coconut Granola
2 cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut extract until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold until the oats are evenly coated.
5. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and crunchy!