I’ve been feeling pretty spoiled lately with two amazing beach weekends in a row. Somehow the incessant rain we’ve been having in NYC happened to hold out just in time for the beach weekend Allie, Emily and me planned months ago. With my cheeks still sore from laughing nonstop, my voice scratchy from belting Miley’s new song one too many times, and my belly full from endless fried clams and bottles of rosé, facing Monday back in the steamy, concrete jungle was not easy.
So today I bring you a super simple recipe for Everything Grilled Chicken Salad, in which all of the components are grilled! This really doesn’t involve much cooking besides grilling the chicken, croutons and romaine, which makes it ideal for a lazy dinner, whether at home in the city or (hopefully) cooking out at the beach.
Everything Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp caesar dressing, plus more for serving
1 small baguette or sourdough loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
freshly ground black pepper
1 head romaine lettuce, halved
1 lemon, juiced
several shavings of parmesan cheese
1. Place chicken breasts in a ziploc bag with 2 tablespoons caesar dressing. Marinate 2-24 hours in the fridge.
2. Heat grill pan to medium heat. Drizzle some olive oil on the grill then cook the chicken until cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Drizzle cubed bread with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on the grill until golden and toasted on all sides, about 5 minutes more. Set aside.
4. Drizzle some olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on each romaine half. Grill cut-side down until just wilted and slightly browned.
5. To serve, slice the chicken and place on each plate with romaine, croutons, parmesan shavings and another drizzle of caesar dressing.